1161 SOUTH 7TH STREET ROCHELLE, IL 61068
Phone: 815-561-TIRE (8473)
5 Signs You Need New Tires
Just as your feet are sore after a long walk, the tires on your car take a beating every time you drive.
And because a tire failure while you're driving can be catastrophic, causing your car to go out of control or leaving you stranded, you want to know when your tires are in bad shape so you can get new ones before something goes wrong.
Below you will find five of the warning signs that indicate you need new tires.
1. The tread on your tires should never fall below 1/16 of an inch (1.6 millimeters) in depth. Use the penny test to check your tread.
2. Newer tires have tread wear indicator bars built into the tires themselves.
3. Look for tracks or cuts in the sidewall -- grooves that are distinct enough to be visible to the naked eye. This could be a sign that your tire is developing a leak (or worse, that it's nearly ready to blow out).
4. Sometimes the outer surface of the tire begins to weaken. The result can be a bulge or blister that extends outward from the rest of the surface.
5. Vibrations: Maybe your tires are misaligned or unbalanced, or your shock absorbers are starting to go. It could also indicate that there's some sort of internal problem in the tire itself.
We supply all major brands of tires and offer fleet accounts for businesses, agricultural, industrial and OTR tires. Whether you have a single piece of equipment or an entire fleet, Tom's Tire and Service can help reduce your operating costs and minimize down times. No job is too big or too small for Tom's Tire! From good to better to best, chances are we carry it and can service it.
ALL SEASON TIRES
Get great year-round versatility for many conditions, including light snow. All-season tires offer a durable tread, predictable handling, and a comfortable ride. These tires can perform on wet and dry surfaces. They also provide great traction in both mud and snow.
Touring tires provide all of the same great benifits of the all season tires, while offering even more responsive handling. The touring tires also offer a comfortable, quiet ride, and long tread life!
These tires offer great handling and traction for wherever your vehicle takes you. They can perform on or off road while still giving you a comfortable right in your truck or SUV. The perfect tires to enhance the durability and toughness you love in your truck or SUV.
TRUCK/ SUV TIRES
Conquer your daily commute ... or go beyond the beaten path. With there tough traction these tires are ready to take you anywhere you want to go, from the freeway to mud, gravel, and snow.
ALL TERAIN/ OFF ROAD TIRES
An improperly repaired tire may fail when driven at high speed causing loss of vehicle control. Flat or damaged tires need to be repaired by qualified personnel. We repair tire tread punctures up to 1/4" in diameter. We do NOT recommend repairing larger punctures or punctures to the tire's shoulder and sidewall. Contact us today for more information on tire repairs.
We supply all major brands of tires and offer fleet accounts for businesses, agricultural, industrial and OTR tires. Whether you have a single piece of equipment or an entire fleet, Tom's Tire & Service can help reduce your operating costs and minimize down times. No job is too big or too small for Tom's Tire! From good to better to best, chances are we carry it and can service it.